Friday, March 20, 2009

Shabu Shabu



A lot of Japanese girls come into my work, fucking tons. We get straight Pearl Harbored every day. I like them. They are so white, almost transparent, and doughy, like raw Pillsbury croissants. I was contemplating this today and I remembered this old one I wrote:

Shabu Shabu


Oriental girls walk together from the Shabu Shabu House with skin so dark they would make Hawaii jealous

They're arm n' arm, an intimacy reserved for the East, visible only to me upon importation, like anime or Pocky or special magic eye drops

Their flowy empire blouses may look dated on a white girl

Their tricot leggings may look dated on a white girl, if worn under mini skirts the way they don them

Their asymmetrical haircuts may look dated on a white girl

Their shoes are Chuck Taylor's which will never look dated on a white girl

They wear these items with a newness that suggests the height of fashion and picture of comfort

I heart them

No comments: