Wednesday, July 9, 2008

ON DECK: Raooul/Skinned Teen...Slut-Core from the 10th grade





I walked into the uncomfortably hot Ooga Booga store on July 4th in hopes of swallowing some beer and catching a day time set from our favorite hybrid bitch-band; Tony (Formerly Teenage Moms).

These goals were indeed accomplished along with a windfall find that has left me with a Punk boner ever since. I found a brand-new gleaming copy of the 90’s Slut-Punk masterpiece Jailbait Core by Raooul.

Raooul was a band existing in the heyday of Lookout Records, when I would sit around my bedroom and daydream about dropping out of Greenway High and hopping a train to Gilman… never to return. Half the reason this Crust Punk utopia was so enticing was close proximity I would be to the members of Raooul(who were like my age, 15 or 16 , at the time) and their famed vaginas. Maybe, just maybe, if I played my cards right I would trip on Telegraph and find my teenage pecker coated in Raooul goo. God that would have been great.

This re-release is pressed as a split with Skinned Teen. They are from England or something.

Lookout! Records

No comments: